Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hawks Lose. Again


Sigh. The Hawks lost to the Pistons yesterday. I'm not even going to waste my time telling you all the things they did wrong. Just know they did damn near everything wrong. We're almost 20 games into the season and I'm still not convinced that this team is any better this year than they were last year. The more I watch them the more I realize two things that are very possible. 1) Mike Woodson really doesn't want to coach this team anymore. He can't be as bad as some of his substitutions, play calling, and clock management would lead us to believe. He just can't be! He's obviously trying to get the organization to put him out of his misery. 2) This group of guys are either not really that good, or they're just not really that good together. Sometimes they look like they don't have a damn clue what's going on out there on the court! Even though the coach is bad, he isn't on the court so sometimes they should ignore his genius and do the right thing.
Maybe this team as currently constructed will never be more than a 30 win team. I know a lot of our players have been consistently injured, but so what. The Usual Suspects have been there. Actually, that isn't even true. I don't know who this man is that's been impersonating Joe Johnson this season! The Hawks are only capable of limited success with a great Joe Johnson. There's no way in hell they'll get anywhere if he keeps playing like he's been playing! This team seemingly searches for new ways to disappoint me from game to game. Something needs to change very soon. I told ya'll last season that the Hawks have about 2 more years of my unconditional support. I am not going to be THAT fan forever. I want to see results! I've been patient, but patience doesn't last forever. They do show Chicago Bulls games here in Atlanta, they might get to be my new favorite team. Hell, they should have Kobe in a couple of years and he's one of my favorite players. I wouldn't mind being a Bulls fan at all. I'm near the end of my rope with this hawks team. I'm just sayin............

2 comments:

Eboy said...

C'mon now. Did you really think they were going anywhere? For real? Look, they beat the Heat (not hard and I know that made you happy) and had a couple of quality wins, but they have a terrible coach and to many guys that have the same skill set. They need a proven point and a legit center. If they get them, they'll be fine. Hey, they're still ahead of the sorry Heat.

CoCo said...

Almost everyone is ahead of the Heat though EBOY, so that doesn't comfort me at all! It's not like they're the only team in the league without a legit center. Hell, the Warriors play Al Harrington at center a lot of the time. We need to figure out a way to win games with the talent we have or get some new talent all together.