Sunday, March 2, 2008

Kobe or LeBron???


The Hawks lost to the Celtics tonight, but whatever. Their playoff position is no worse than it was yesterday because in the East it's virtually impossible to take yourself out of contention.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about them. If you don't know what's wrong with this team by now, you never will.

LeBron scored 37 points earlier today in a win over the Bulls. You might be thinking it's the Bulls so who cares, but trust me its deeper than that. Every time I watch LeBron I'm amazed at how good he is! He makes it look so effortless that it's mind boggling. Its not always pretty, but its more than effective. Last year Kobe was the best player in the league hands down, but LeBron has closed the gap considerably. I mean, if you wanted to argue that Bron is the best player, I couldn't tell you you're way off base. There are a number of games you can refer to in order to state your case, but Kobe is still the best for now. For now.

Not to be outdone by Lebron on this fine Sunday, Kobe had himself a 52 point game against the Mavericks. I knew Kobe would give the Mavs hell for two reasons. 1) He feasts on them, remember 62 thru 3 quarters. 2)LeBron had just put on a show on national tv.

Kobe is all about a challenge so I knew he'd try to one up LeBron, and he did just that.

Kobe and LeBron are just better than everyone else. Imagine if they meet in the NBA Finals. Trust me when I tell you this is David Stern's dream match up. Hell, this is my dream match up! I know a lot of people think the East will come down to Boston and Detroit, but I'm not convinced.

In the NBA unlike any other professional league, if you have the best player you always have a chance. Guess what, when the playoffs start in the East LeBron will be the best player by a country mile. Add that to the fact that he BELIEVES the trade they made for Ben Wallace and Wally Skdhsojrjssjdfljss made them better, and the Cavs are dangerous. Detroit will still be coached by Flip Saunders which puts them at a decided disadvantage. Boston's situation, just seems too good to be true. Normally things that seem too good to be true, are just that.

As for the Lakers, the same thing applies. Kobe BELIEVES the trade they made for Pau Gasol made them better and he's right. Plus, Kobe is a killer!

Kobe will have a decidedly tougher road to the Finals if this dream match up is to be, but I think the Lakers are up for the challenge.

The MVP race will come down to Kobe and LeBron. Chris Paul definitely deserves some consideration, but this is a two horse race. I think Kobe should have the edge since he plays in the West, but LeBron is a media darling so I'm not going to be totally surprised if he wins it.

If I had a vote, I'd give it to Kobe. Who you got?

No comments: