Wednesday, October 3, 2007

MLB Playoffs

The Rockies stole home field advantage from the Phillies this afternoon.

The Red Sux beat up on the Angels. This series is a tricky one for me because as a Yankees fan I hate the Red Sux, but I'm well aware of our struggles against the Angels. I don't know who I want to lose this series more. Yes I'm assuming we'll beat the Indians. Anyway, I think my hate for the Red Sux supersedes everything else, but the Angels are beat the hell up. They'll probably get swept.

The Cubbies lost to the Diamondbacks. This isn't that big of a deal since the D'backs do have home field advantage. The Cubs will have to win in Arizona at some point though. Arizona has a player named Chris Young who is an absolute cutie. How could MLB hide him from me all season. Unforgivable! Hell to be honest, when I heard any mention of him I just assumed he was caucasian. I was shocked to find out he's colored! I'm not shocked because of his name, I'm shocked because of the lack of colored players in MLB right now. I was just as shocked a couple of years ago when I found out Khalil Greene was white. Making assumptions about someones race based on their name isn't just a problem in Corporate America. I know it's wrong, but if you heard the name Khalil Greene and you hadn't seen him you probably would have assumed he was colored too. I'm just sayin.....

No comments: