Friday, April 25, 2008

Suns Are In Trouble!


I don't like to jump to conclusions, but the Suns are done! Barring a Yankee-esque 2004 collapse, (It hurts me to type that) The Spurs will advance to the second round having barely broken a sweat. The Suns still haven't figured out how to stop Tony Parker, Timmy or Gino. You would think they would have concocted a plan by now, I mean they've only had 2 years to figure it out. Tony lit them up for 41 points and 12 assists tonight. They kept him out the lane which was their game plan, but I have to assume they didn't plan on him hitting those mid range jumpers at the rate in which he hit them. Mike D'Antoni has said several times recently that they are the better team. Well, they have a funny way of showing it.

Steve Nash played like shit, but I bet you won't hear about it. If his name was Tracy McGrady.....
All of a sudden that Shawn Marion for Shaquille O'Neal trade is not looking so good. Steve Kerr will be back beside Marv before long.

I'm all for anything that will get Reggie Miller out of there!

I mean, you could make the argument that the Suns weren't going to beat the Spurs as they were constructed before the trade, but they were a hell of a lot closer than they are now. It's not like they were getting a player in Shaq whose salary was going to come off the books next year. They still owe him $40 million after this season! There's no way they're going to get him off their hands because Isiah no longer has power in New York. I picked the Spurs to beat them in 6 games, but it looks like I gave them way too much credit.

Detroit is in trouble. The Sixers took game one in the Palace, got blown out in game two, rebounded in game three and now have a 2-1 lead over the most overconfident team in this era. People are not giving the Sixers any credit for controlling this series, but its just as much about them as it is about the Pistons and their lack of effort. I knew Philly wouldn't be an easy out, but I didn't think the Pistons could actually lose this series. Now, I'm not so sure.

The Mavs beat the Hornets in Dallas for the 92nd straight time. I think the Hornets will win the next two. Josh Howard is not the smartest person in the world. I know he says he doesn't partake in such things during the season, but I have to assume he was high when he admitted using marijuana and implicated everyone else in the Association on ESPN radio.
Finally, my Atlanta Hawks will beat the Celtics tomorrow in the Highlight Factory. We will.

No comments: