Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Heart Bibby!!!!!!



I totally heart Mike Bibby the Atlanta Hawk. I wrote this in Score the week we made the trade. I'll highlight the important parts.

"The Atlanta Hawks starting lineup will now consist of: Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Al Horford, Marvin Williams, and Mike Bibby. Our beloved Hawks just made a trade for a legit veteran point guard. I’m not saying that AJ, Lue and Craig (I refuse to call him Speedy, you should know why) aren’t legit, but they fall more into the veteran category than the legit category. The Hawks just got better on paper and in real life. There will no longer be a debate about which point guard should be in the game during those crucial fourth quarter moments. While Bibby is not quite the player he used to be, he’s still an upgrade over every point guard the Hawks have had recently. We should finally get to see that running team, we’ve heard so much about. The notion of them being a running team is more of an urban legend like the Loch Ness Monster, than a realistic assessment of the team’s offense. Considering Bibby has played in an up-tempo offense for most of his career, he’s quite capable of showing this team how to do so effectively. The Hawks are barely out of the playoff picture, but with the addition of Bibby they should be able to secure a spot".

Bibby came up BIG in one of those crucial fourth quarter moments I was talking about tonight against the Dinosaurs b.k.a the Toronto Raptors. He hit a 3 to send the game into OT (that shot and our time-keepers happy fingers) and from there it was the Josh Smith show. He hit 2 big 3 pointers himself. When he was winding up to take the first one, naturally I cringed, but he hit it. Then as he was fading away taking the second one, it seemed so natural, almost Kobe-esque.

I feel so much better about this team in late game situations now that they have a point guard who won't panic and who is accustomed to taking big shots. I really do heart Mike Bibby!

The Dinosaurs are protesting this win, and they'll likely win said protest, but tonight we still have the win and I'll take it!

With the win tonight the Hawks took a four game lead over the Pacers for the 8th playoff spot. When I find out who they play in the first round, I will go into great detail about how and why the Hawks will win. I wouldn't care if they were playing the 96 Bulls. I'm still going to tell you they will win. Stay Tuned.

By the way, the Yankees lost. Sigh.

2 comments:

Drew Ditzel said...

Does that mean I get to crush on Horford all by myself now?

CoCo said...

Nah Drew, I have enough love to go around!