Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wow Mike. Al, I'm So Disappointed.


So Mike Bibby is unimpressed by the Boston Fans.


"They were kind of loud at the beginning," he said. "But a lot of these fans are bandwagon jumpers trying to get on this now. I played here last year, too. And I didn't see three fourths of them. They're for the team now and they might get a little rowdy but that's about it."


"I remember them having bags on their heads [last year]. It's a different look. I guess that's what happens when you win."


Kendrick Perkins took exception to this as you might imagine.


Coming off a 2-for-10 shooting performance, you expect a guy to say something like that," Kendrick Perkins said. "We have the best fans in the world, but we don't expect other players to like our fans." "It's about time," he said. "It takes us going down there to pack their building out."


KG didn't much like it, but he didn't wild out about it.


"That's Mike Bibby speaking his mind. I wouldn't say it's the smartest comment, but that's Mike Bibby," Garnett said. "I'm not going to get into any comments going back and forth. If I was in my younger days, I probably would have said something, but I learned that you let your play do your talking."


Now, Mike we all know that these same die hard fans weren't there last season, but we needn't bring it up now. Howeva, I appreciate the honesty.


Kendrick, don't think your Celtics are special. Kobe, LeBron, AI, Detroit and New York bring more people to Philips Arena. Ha! And if we're being honest Boston hasn't filled up Philips the past few years. It just happened this year when they got good. The other people/teams I named consistently fill up Philips. In your face sucker!


And Al, I cannot BELIEVE you had dinner with the enemy!!!


Rookie center Al Horford is finding the hospitality much to his liking in Boston.
He ate dinner Monday night at the home of Red Sox All-Star and fellow Dominican-born pro athlete David Ortiz.
Horford, who was accompanied by two
Hawks' staffers, was invited to join Ortiz and several of his Red Sox teammates for a monthly dinner at Ortiz's suburban Boston home.
"It was definitely a good time," Horford said. "A real good time."


I don't know how I feel about you anymore!


2 comments:

southpeezy said...

i aint too mad at Al...ortiz dont play for the Celts...and nationality trumps professional affiliations.

CoCo said...

I'm mad at Al cause Ortiz plays for the Red Sux who I hate.