Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Things I Thought While Watching The Hawks Lose Game Two.

1st half

Boston's fair weather fans do not heart Bibby.
Paul Pierce got smushed by Josh Smith, I hope he's okay.
Joe has two fouls, not a good situation. We may not see him again until Saturday.
Al has two fouls, see sentence above.
Rajon is still balling.
Acie Law can get to the rim easily. If only he could protect the ball a wee bit better.
Mike, Acie and Joe all on the floor at the same time. Wow.
Too many turnovers.
Ray Allen is really good. Bibby is still struggling and the crowd is committed to harassing him. There's not a lot of, how shall I say.....diversity in the Boston crowd. Hope Bibby gets out of there in one piece.
Joe probably should not end up guarding Kendrick Perkins on any occasion. Ever.
I thought the starters couldn't play any worse than they did in game one, but damn are they out to prove me wrong.

2nd half
Bibby is still struggling.
We cannot out execute the Celtics, we have to find a way to speed up the game while maintaining control.
The game is getting out of control.
We still haven't figured out how to get Joe easy shots. Mike Woodson, meet "the screen". Players, please familiarize yourselves with the concept of moving without the ball before Saturday.
Ray Allen is really good.
Flip over to ESPN to check on the Yankees game. 6-1 Yankees in the top of the 6th inning. Yes, I'm a multi-tasker.
When other players on the Celtics team (Kendrick Perkins) have the Kevin Garnett scowl it seems contrived. It is contrived.
Doesn't take much to get a flagrant foul in these here playoffs.
I expected so much more from Bibby.
KG just pulled his shirt over so we could see his heart, and since he's slim as hell I could see the imprint of it. I really could, I'm not making this up.
I'd like us to lose by less than 20.
Dick Stockton has called Al Tito at least 3 times.
Wow, we shot 40 free throws!
We only lost by 19. Thanks guys.

The good news is that the next two games are in Atlanta. The bad news is we likely will not have learned not to give up on offensive sets if the first option isn't there.
I'll say this again, they cannot possibly keep playing this poorly. They can't. They just can't.

No comments: