Friday, March 30, 2007

Kevin Durant, NFL thugs

I met my fan crush Kevin Durant Friday March 30th, yay!! I've made my affection for him very clear so let's just say when my boss asked me to get him to autograph two basketballs for us to auction off, I was all over it! He is not a very dominating presence if you know what I mean. It could have been because it was about 8:15 in the morning and he was tired. Either way, he was a very polite young man and he didn't turn down any autograph requests. I hope he holds on to that. I don't know if he'll go pro, but in my opinion, he should probably stay another year in college. He sounds like he really likes school and he may not be ready to grow up as fast as the NBA is going to require him to. He needs to gain a lot of weight sometime in the near future. He is super skinny! I also saw Oscar Robertson and Kenny Anderson who is still a little cutie by the way! Word on the street is that the Big O is not very friendly. I guess growing up in the time he grew up can kind of harden you, or he's just an asshole. Who knows? I had a good time at the breakfast. It was the Oscar Robertson Player of the Year award breakfast by the way.
Another NFL player was arrested and charged with assault, yet the NBA is the league full of thugs.?. I don't know about that.
I can't wait to watch the Final Four games later, hopefully they'll live up to the hype. For some reason I think one of them will be a blowout, but I'm probably going to be wrong about that.
Oh yeah, Rick Barnes Kevin Durant's coach was there. In his speech he said that Kevin's teammates knew how and when to get him the ball. Um, I'm not real sure about that. Let's just say I watched a couple of games where his teammates completely ignored him for long stretches and in crucial moments. But, if Rick Barnes says so.....

No comments: