Thursday, July 19, 2007

753, Fox 5, The Good Rev. Al Sharpton

It's almost a wrap for the current home run King. (I don't mean that in a negative way) Barry is only 3 away from breaking the record after hitting 2 home runs today. Don't be surprised if he rests those legs during the whole Milwaukee series and waits to play again during their 7 game home stand that starts with the Braves. I hope he breaks it during the Braves series! That would make the story even better as the years go by. It would probably make it that much easier to remember also.
Chris Carpenter has to have Tommy John surgery so we might not see him again until the end of next season if then. That sucks because he was really good.
Yanks lost. Sux did too.
Steve Francis is going back to Houston. They have like a million point guards. It's so weird that he'll be playing beside the player he was basically told was better than him. Of course T-Mac is better than him, but still.
Fox 5 News had an interview with a tight end from the Ravens (his name eludes me right now) anyway it was high comedy and it wasn't supposed to be. Basically he kept saying "nan" I really can't spell it how it's pronounced, but he said that he prays that Mike Vick didn't have his hands on nan dog or nan gun and etc.. I almost fell off my couch! I don't know why this was so funny to me. I guess I just wasn't expecting Fox 5 to run an interview of that type and not edit that part out. I'd pay to see it again. Don't get me wrong, I'm country as hell too and I use that word, but only in certain situations. The news probably would not be that situation. I normally don't watch the local news because it's always something bad and if I did I might never leave the house for the fear of being robbed, raped or murdered. Right now I'd rather not know how much danger I'm in when I leave home. But, if I'm missing interviews like this then I might have to rethink my viewing habits.
PETA is supposed to protest outside of the Commish's office in New York tomorrow. Don't be surprised if Goodell calls in sick!
The good Rev. Al Sharpton along with Russell Simmons signed a letter basically telling the Commish and Arthur Blank that dog fighting is wrong and they should stand up and say it. Um first of all, Sharpton is a media whore and at the end of the day they wanted it to appear as though they are taking a stance against Vick. They aren't. They are simply trying to make it seem like they don't only attack Caucasians that have done something offensive. Would they have done this if they hadn't been under pressure recently since the Don Imus controversy and appearing on Oprah and etc.? Hell no. That makes their signing of this letter offensive even though the letter didn't say much of anything. Here it is.
The recent media spotlight on dogfighting reminds us of society's callous disregard for the suffering of animals and disrespect for sentient beings," the letter read "We hope that Mr. Vick is not a product of this insensitivity that runs through our society.""It does us little good to prosecute just those who are famous and allow people across the country to continue to commit these hideous crimes. We are hopeful that authorities will take the appropriate action against anyone found guilty of an atrocity as serious as dogfighting.""Today, we sound a clarion call to all people: Stand up for what is right, and speak out against what is wrong. Dogfighting is unacceptable. Hurting animals for human pleasure or gain is despicable. Cruelty is just plain wrong."Signed: Ingrid Newkirk, president of PETA; Russell Simmons, RUSH communications and the Al Sharpton, the Reverend.

Oh, the good Rev. also said he wouldn't object to Don Imus returning to radio because he has the right to make a living. Well, if you were concerned about his living then why in the hell did you insist that he be fired in the first place? Al is a media whore and whenever he's involved in something please believe he has his own agenda and seeking justice is not a part of it.

No comments: