Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Dammit NBA regular season, Coach Rob, Tiger

The NBA regular season is too damn long! I may have mentioned this before, but it's worth mentioning again. The Wizards lost Caron Butler days ago to a broken hand, now Gilbert has a sprained knee. It's unclear how serious it is, but from the looks of it, he could miss some serious time. Dirk missed a game after hurting his ankle a couple of days back and so on and so on. I'm not saying these players wouldn't have gotten hurt anyway because injuries do happen. But, I bet teams and fans would feel a hell of a lot better if they were getting hurt in playoff games as opposed to regular season games. The league makes enough money and they can afford to shorten the season. They don't care about the wear and tear they are putting on these young men! 82 games is just absolutely unnecessary! They could shorten it by about 30 games and still accomplish the same goals. It shouldn't take 82 games to let over half of the teams in the league in the playoffs anyway. What good is the Player's Union? Someone else has to feel this way!
Hall of Fame coach Eddie Robinson died. I can't sit here and wax poetic about him because he coached for 50 years and I'd only be passing along stories. I only knew of his name and some of his impact until he died. He was apparently a great man.
Barry went deep tonight! He's 21 away now!
My Yankees didn't play today, they got rained out. Oh well.
The Master's starts soon. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Tiger will win. I know this is a stretch, but I'm a risk taker!

No comments: