Sunday, April 22, 2007

We got swept, Manny, Playoffs

Oh my gosh, we got swept by the Red Sox for the first time in 17 years! Our pitching is atrocious. We had to bring Any Pettite out of the bullpen and he just pitched on Friday nite.
But before that happened, Chase Wright gave up 4 consecutive homeruns! Oh My Gosh!!!!! Manny, Drew, Lowell and Varitek. These weren't cheap homeruns either. They all went over the Green Monster. You have to hit the ball hard and high to accomplish that! Chase was just hangin em right over the plate! This season could end badly!
About Manny, I absolutely LOVE his homerun follow through! I hate it when he does it against my Yankees, but I can't help but marvel at how he reacts after he knows he got one! It's priceless! I love when he starts unstrapping the batting gloves before he even leaves the batter's box!
Barry went deep again.
Day 2 of the NBA playoffs was very entertaining! There were 2 "upsets" Denver and Golden State won. The Lakers blew a 12 point lead in Phoenix. Kobe was horrible down the stretch! He couldn't hit a shot to save his life, but he kept shooting. Meanwhile Leandro Barbosa was killin em!!!!! He was on fire! Is it a contract year for him? I thought some of Phil's substitution patterns were a little suspect, but of course no one questioned him about it.
B Diddy was a man among boys tonight. He gave Dallas everything they could handle and then some. Its good to see him perform well on a big stage. If they can beat Dallas in the first round that would be tremendous for the playoffs. It would add a whole other level of intrigue! As a matter of fact, I hope all of the top seeds in the west fall!

No comments: