Sunday, April 15, 2007

Oh my gosh, Carl Pavano is on the DL!!! Where have we seen this before? Oh I know, the last 2 years!!! I cannot believe they didn't put something in his contract about the amount of games that he must play. Cashman did nothing to protect the damn team! And, if that isn't bad enough Mussina is on the DL too where Wang has been the whole season. Just to add insult to injury, Mariano gave up a walk off homerun! This is madness. I know its early, but the pitching is atrocious and if the likes of A-Rod and Jeter don't score an obscene amount of runs the Yanks could very well end up in the bottom of the league. I guess $195 million doesn't buy what it used too!
Today the league was honoring Jackie Robinson's breaking the color barrier. Several players wore the #42. The Dodgers vs the Padres was the marquees game and maybe it was just a coincidence but there were about as many black players on the Dodgers today as there were back then.
Kobe scored 50 again and secured a playoff spot for the Lakers. He was very efficient going 18-25 from the field. He's the best, but I'm sure you know that by now.
Tim Duncan got ejected for laughing while on the bench. I don't know what to say about this.
Joe Johnson and Speedy Claxton will miss the remainder of the season. I figured as much I mean there are only 2 games left. Speedy wasn't much help when he was "healthy". I personally think we need to cut our losses and let his ass go. They are going to have to pay him anyway, but I'd feel better if we didn't have to see him on the bench in a suit.
The Magic clinched a playoff spot. I doubt they'll make it out of the first round, but playoff berths make fans happy.
Meanwhile, the Pacers were eliminated from playoff contention. Maybe Rick Carlisle will be available to coach the Hawks. I know he isn't the biggest of names, but he got a team in the playoffs that missed 3 of its 4 best players for much of the season because of suspensions. We haven't been able to get into the playoffs under the best of circumstances. He obviously has something.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.