Thursday, May 3, 2007

A playoff game, The playoff game! (Warriors win)

The Yankees won a doubleheader, The Jazz evened up the series so it's back to Houston where T-Mac will have one last chance to get out of the first round. Good Luck.
On to the important game. The Warriors absolutely DESTROYED the Mavs! It got so ugly so quick! It's like I looked up in the 3rd quarter and the Warriors were up 20! I was watching the whole time and I still couldn't explain how it happened. All I know is that it happened quickly! I was a little worried about the Warriors early on because Baron tweaked his hamstring and he had to go to the locker room. No way they can win without him. It just ain't happening. He came back and promptly dropped 11 straight points on the Mavs in the 2nd qtr. Baron Davis was the best player in this series, but Stephen Jackson was the difference. I've been saying it all along and I'll say it again. Every team needs a Stephen Jackson type of player. To quote Steve Kerr "he just doesn't care". He hit every 3 point shot he took except one and the looks he kept getting, dammit Dallas should be ashamed! Have they not been watching this Warriors team? They keep shooting 3's even when they aren't making them. What the hell made them think if they stood there and watched Jacko he wouldn't shoot em? He was lights out from beyond the arc! Aside from killing the Mavs on offense, he locked Dirk's ass down on the defensive end. He would not let him get the ball, never mind the fact that Dirk is several inches taller than him. I digress. Matt Barnes played big and Biedrins even hit 4 out of 6 free throws. I knew the Warriors weren't losing that game when I saw him hit 2 in a row. It was laugh out loud funny! As far as the Mavs, Jerry Stackhouse was the only one who came to play tonight! He had 18 first half points, but he was a non-factor in the 2nd half. Notice how long it took me to get to the eventual Association MVP Dirk. He had 8 points, not in a quarter or at the half, but in the whole damn game!!!!!!!!!! Half of them came from the free throw line. I don't even need to explain how that won't get it done! I don't even really have the words to describe how disappointing Dirk was this whole series. (except for a game 5 in which I knew there was no way in hell they were going to lose that game) He did nothing to help the Mavs! As a team they are just soft as hell!!! There was no one on the team that gave a hard foul or anything to let the Warriors know that they weren't going to go down without a fight. Even Matt Barnes got a flagrant in the 4th and by that time the game was over and Dallas already knew the Warriors were not playing. Mark Cuban has to be on suicide watch right now. I'm happy for Warriors. If you sat someone down that had not watched basketball all season and made them watch this series and pick who the better team was, there's no way they would say Dallas. The Warriors wanted it more so they got it.

No comments: