Friday, May 25, 2007

Yankees lose, Spurs/Jazz, Ken Griffey Jr.

Well, there isn't a whole lot going on other than baseball and as I've said before it's way too early for me to discuss anyone other than my favorite team. Speaking of the Yankees, they lost again tonight! Um, I'm starting to be totally convinced that we will not make the playoffs this season. If that happens it will hurt. Badly.
Rashard Lewis opted out of his contract today. That wasn't totally unexpected. I'm sure there are a few teams that could use an athletic swingman. He should do fine.
The Spurs/Jazz series starts back up tomorrow and I hope for the sake of the playoffs Utah wins! I don't want the Spurs to sweep this series or even win it in 5. I'd like to see it at least go six games.
Ken Griffey Jr. is now 8th all time on the homerun list. He was the best player for a long time in the 90's, the poor thing just couldn't stay healthy. He still has the prettiest swing in the game though. Hopefully he'll still be upright when they come visit the Braves this summer. I won't buy the tickets until the last minute, because with his history............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.